Midway Driving School has been the leader in Adult Behind the Wheel driver education for more than 40 years.
Offering private lessons with free pickup service, our patient instructors have provided Behind the Wheel driver education and arranged Driver License Road tests for thousands of students from all over the world.
- Training Designed for Nervous Adults
- Private Lessons
- Free Pickup Service
- Single Lessons or Discount Packages
- Cars Available for MN License Road Test
- ESL Experts
Free pickup is available for most of the Twin City, Duluth and Rochester metro areas. If you have passed the Minnesota Instruction Permit (Knowledge Test) and you want to schedule an appointment, call us at (612) 623-4142. It takes just a minute to arrange a convenient time for your first driving lesson.
Our experienced instructors have each trained hundreds of nervous adults. They are very helpful, and will quickly prepare you for your Minnesota License Road Test in our driving school training car.
Click on your city for rates and hours
It’s natural to feel nervous or anxious about driving a car, but with our help, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll get past that phase and become a confident driver.
- I am a really anxious driver. Will Midway Driving School be a good fit for me?
- Being a nervous or anxious driver is not a problem. Midway Driving School will be a great fit for you because we have more than 30 years of experience training nervous drivers. Most everyone is nervous at first when driving. You’ll be surprised how quickly you get through this phase, and we can help you become a confident driver.
- Should I set up a Road Test appointment with Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicles before starting at Midway?
- No, not at all! Ask us, and we can schedule that appointment for you.
- I don’t have my permit yet, where do I go to get one?
- We’re here to help! Just call us and we can help locate the closest exam station to your house or work.
- What is the best package for training a new driver?
- Once you have completed your first lesson, your instructor will let you know after the first lesson which package will help prepare you the best for the Road Test. In most cases, the 7 1/2 hr package is perfect for covering everything you need to know for the Road Test.
- How long do I need to wait to take my license test after I get my permit?
- For 19 years of age and older, you can take your Road Test three months after your permit. For 19 years of age and younger, it is a six month wait. If you have had a permit from another state or country, the Minnesota DMV will waive the waiting period and you can take your license test immediately.
- What if I just need to practice parking? Can I schedule a lesson just for that?
- Of course! Driving students can schedule lessons to work on particular skills.